The people are talking about the following things in the run-up to Sept 16 viz.
(1) what is the police doing to nab “Malaysian Public Official 1” who was mentioned by the US Department of Justice (DoJ) in a civil action suit filed in a California Court recently.
According to DoJ, MPO1 received USD 681 million (RM2.6 billion), USD20 million and USD30 million in his personal accounts from 1MDB, that he controls 1MDB, and he’s related to Riza Aziz who is the son of Rosmah Mansor, wife of Najib;
(2) why the states in Malaya and the Federal Government fly the Malaysian flag, every Aug 31, to celebrate Malaya’s Merdeka Day; and
(3) 31 Aug 1957 is the day Malaya joined the Commonwealth.
31 July 1957 is the day Malaya became independent under the Federation of Malaya Independence Act 1957.
So, why is Malaya’s Merdeka being celebrated on Aug 31 and not July 31?
(4) Malaya became a Federation in late January 1948 under the Federation of Malaya Agreement 1948.
So, it can also celebrate Federation Day in late January.
(5) Sabah became independent on 31 Aug 1963. Sabah should be celebrating Sabah Day with the Sabah flag and not the Malaysian flag.
(6) Sarawak became independent earlier on 22 July 1963. Sarawak should not be observing Malaya’s Merdeka Day, which is on July 31, by flying the Malaysian flag on Aug 31.
(7) 16 Sept 1963 is Malaysia Day.
Sept 16 is the day that people in Sabah and Sarawak remember that the Federal Government has been in non-compliance on MA63, that they lost their sovereignty in 1967, and Malaysia has no legitimacy in Borneo.
The people in Malaya don’t observe Sept 16 because they think it has nothing to do with them.
16 Sept 1963 is the Day that Sabah, Sarawak and Malaya Federated for an Equal Partnership under MA63.